Friday, July 25, 2008

Nice People

I wish there where more nice people around; mind you out of every state I have lived in Utah has had a good majority of the nice people. Probably one reason its hard to leave. I am not saying that everywhere else is just mean people, the nice "welcome" feeling is just felt here.

Now on to my initial story for this post. Last night Doug and I went down to the Galavin Center for the Twilight free concert series held there I believe every summer (Thursday nights). Performing was Del La Soul and The Cool Kids, both hip/hop groups, the show had a ton of energy and there were very diverse people attending.


Which brings up another tangent I would like to go on for a minute. I have been trying to go to more shows and that has been working out for me nicely. I try to throw in some new music and explore whats out there. Lately I have been to a couple hip/hop shows and a little bit ago I went to some hardcore shows. Each show I attended it was surprising the diverse selection of people; all the different styles and "attitudes" it was so interesting. I liked it because it just shows that it really doesn't matter how different people are we can still be brought together by the same interests in at least one subject.


Back to the story. After we had left the show I was craving some food (like always!) so we hit up the Smiths on 54th and 7th West or somewhere in that area. We scouted around for a bit as I was in a semi healthy kick. We didn't grab a cart seeing as it was unexpected what were where there for. Our item count grew and it was almost a hassle to go to the front of the store for a cart , we passed by a stocker and they kindly gave us a used box to carry out items in. I grabbed some snacks for the night and some lunch stuff for today (Which I am truly excited for that in about a hour!) as we debated on which lane to go through we of course made the choice of the lesser line. As we checked out with our items the women behind the counter made light conversation at first, then as we each started to open up there where smiles and laughs back and forth. That women behind the counter was so cheery and light hearted it made that shopping experience complete. Props to her for being positive and a great cashier/boxer. As you could see in the picture below she did an amazing job at fitting all my items into the box nicely. So as I stated to her I was going to take a picture and now I have done that and written a blog semi about that. Hopefully this story does not jump around in confusion and you all enjoy.


At the end of the day it pays off to be nice to people no matter who you are or what circumstances you might be in!


Much love,


Andyrew


2 comments:

Tadorton said...

Hooray for nice people! I have noticed how nice people are since having a baby. People in the stores are so nice when they see us. Even if she is acting up.

ANDY LUKE said...

I guess its all about the understanding of a baby and how the act up sometimes. It almost seems like the more "knowledge" you have in life the more nice or mean you can be its just how you use all that info!