Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tribute to Shel

Many of you know who he is. I believe he was a very creative man that brought a lot to this world. His name Shel Silverstein. If you can't tell I am a fan from his "INVITATION" poem on my profile. Here it is I am a fan, not only of his compilation of words but also his childish art! I have recently been taking a copy of "Where The Sidewalk Ends" to my place of employment just to take a peek at during down time. I flip randomly through the pages and read various poems; I found one today that just made me laugh and I wanted to share it with you all. The poem is found below, sorry if it is hard to read. If you click the image it might open bigger.



Hopefully this can give you a laugh like it did for me. If you haven't checked out any of his books i believe that you should, I have a couple I could be willing to lend!


Andyrew

2 comments:

Wendy Funk said...

I really like him as well. My favorite is the one where the kid is complaining that he is sick then he finds out it's Saturday and he is magically better.

Roemmele Family said...

How funny! I haven't read his work in a while. When I get there I just might need to borrow a book from you. :o) My mother-in-law loves sardines so I should forward this poem to her. :o)